Our case study is CityPals, an online platform that connects travelers with locals all over the world for unique and customized experiences.
We developed CityPals using the Laravel PHP framework. Laravel provides an extremely powerful and versatile development environment as was the perfect programming environment for the complex demands required by the project. After taking over the CityPals programming and development in the project's infancy, we developed the graphics and design then continued on with the projects's overall programming and templating. In addition to the website, we also programmed an API for the Android and iOS apps. Since the public release of CityPals we have added numerous other significant features.
"One Design Development was contracted by CityPals to develop our innovative platform connecting travelers with local guides (‘CityPals’) all over the world. Since our inception in 2017, the One Design Development team led by Mike was involved in every technical aspect pertaining to architecture design, coding, mobile app integration and a whole lot more. They are dedicated, hardworking, able to deliver on time and on spec. I highly recommend One Design Development as your one-stop-shop for full stack development and web design"
Some of the CityPals programming features:
- Automated payments using the Stripe online payment system
- SMS notifications using Nexmo
- Email delivery and validation through Mailgun
- Creation of an API for CityPals Andriod and iOS apps
- User authentication for both web and app users
- Automated user reminders and prompts
- Redis broadcast notifications for an instant messaging system
- Tour booking system
- User reviews
- A full-featured administrative interface